Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Pipe Cleaner & Bead Candy Cane Ornaments

DAY FIVE:

Today we are making Candy Cane ornaments using pipe cleaners and colored beads. Again, threading is great for developing fine motor skills. This is a great craft for all ages, just make sure to watch little ones so they don't decide to munch on the beads! This kept Roo busy for a good half an hour and it even branched off into a few different things as time went on ;) (See pictures)

WHAT YOU NEED:
     - Pipe cleaners
     - red and white beads

First, cut the pipe cleaners in half. This makes it easier for little hands to work. I separated the beads in a muffin tin, but bowls work too. Fold one end of the pipe cleaner over to prevent the beads from sliding off. Let your little one slide the beads on, hopefully alternating red and white. I decided to just let her do her own thing and not worry about getting the beads in the right order. Fold the other end of the pipe cleaner to keep the beads in place and then bend in the shape of a candy cane. There you have it! The perfect gift for Grandma or Grandpa :)



After the candy cane, Roo decided she wanted to make a bracelet, so Daddy helped! Another fun way to use the same supplies.


Anddddd, after she was done with the bracelet, she wanted to sort all the beads according to color. Such a little organizer :)


VERDICT: Totally fun project. It was right up Roo's alley (she really loves all things small and detailed. This kept her busy for a long time and she found several ways to have fun with it! Here is the final product- I think Nana and Grammy will love it!



2 comments:

  1. Pretty great post. I simply stumbled upon your weblog and wished to mention that I have really loved
    browsing your blog posts. In any case I'll be subscribing to your rss feed and I'm hoping you write once more very soon!


    My web-site: boat builder

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate the feedback! I had a really tough time finding crafts for my little one so I was hoping to make it easier for other moms :)

      Delete